Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson Laid To Rest Today :(


It started to really hit me last night listening to my favorite MJ Classics. Maybe it hadn't sunk in yet but Michael Jackson is really gone, heaven bound, literally. The unthinkable. He sang his songs with so much emotion. You felt all happiness, all pain, all anger or whatever feeling the song called for in his notes. I fell in love with him during a road trip from Chicago to Ohio with my parents. OFF THE WALL was the album. I was a itty bitty thing but I remember listening to that album all the way there and again on our way back and by the time we got home a few days later, I knew the lyrics to the whole album. I mean I knew about the "ABC" era (before my time) but this album was soothing. Every time I hear "I can't help it", I can envision myself in the back seat that night on a highway with my parents jamming. It's so cliche' but you really don't miss a person til they are gone and that is sad. What I've learned is that the media loves to build you up to castigate you and that's just what they did to Michael. I will not go into detail about all that in my blog. No sir! I just want him to Rest In Peace. I want him to have the kind of peace he did not have here on earth. What I desire now is for music to take a turn for the better. I hope all musicians are inspired to make songs that feed the soul. I'm hoping that artist like Usher and Maxwell can bring some heat this year. I need good music!!!!! Not want. NEED!!!!! We lost the GREATEST entertainer of all time and he will never be forgotten. Thank you Michael for all the happiness you brought into my life through your performances and soul touching ballads. We will always love you...

WHEN HE WAS COMING INTO HIS SEXY SIDE...


THE FUN SIDE


SO.... WHEN DID MICHAEL GET YOUR HEART? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR STORIES...

8 comments:

Vice said...

Well said homie...Mike was a presence in all of our lives..i remember as a kid we had the pic of the Jackson family on the mantle wit our own family like we knew them..lol..and as a kid i GOT PAID 2 do MJ impressions...its hard 2 believe he's gone..R.I.P 2 the King!!

Isley Nicole Melton said...

Wow Vice! Me too! Whenever company came over my mom would tell me to do the Michael Jackson dance. I used to kill it!!!!! They'd all give me money. I need to see if I still got those moves lol. Thanks for sharing...

B said...

MJ will certainly be missed. My first real memory of him was on the Jacksons' album "Destiny" - the song was "Shake your Body (Down to the Ground)". The song made me want to dance all night! Somewhere around the same time came "The Wiz"...still one of my all time favorite movies (I have the DVD). I was hooked...I had MJ fever! :)

I totally agree with you about your point on how he sang with such conviction. I think it's lost in much of today's music, but with his, you can feel it and if you allow yourself to feel it....his music will move you. So much so, that even my kids, 12 & 10, have favorites of his.

I was watching the video for Scream this weekend and thought, why couldn't people just leave him alone and let him be. And why didn't he and Janet make more music together? Could you imagine a CD of duets with MJ & JJ?

As a friend of mine said, he was the soundtrack to our wonder years. Everyone of his songs from '77 on, can take you back to a period in your life.

Well, as long as I have his cds, I'll always "Remember the Time" cuz I "Never can say Goodbye".
(Sorry if that was corny.)

***RIP MJJ***

Isley Nicole Melton said...

Not corny at all! I remember the "never can say goodbye" but I had to back track and re-discover it after I fell into his spell lol Thanks for sharing. :)

Todd A. said...

Wow.., Michael Jackson Gone... It is so hard to believe.

He got me when I first heard "Billie Jean". That groooove. That's what we call a trench Diggin' track. And then his breathy, kinda choked vocals, the intensity...and then that Moonwalk on the Motown show, sick. Then he fused the Electric Guitar of one of my heroes, Eddie Van Halen, with his most rocking track, IMO, "Beat it". This guy was doing things not just as a pioneer, but also as a bridge. Along with Funkadelic, the Isley Bros, Sly etc, he stated, through his music, that the brothers could rock as hard as anyone. So I say Adios Michael. You talent was undeniable. RIP. Take care.

Isley Nicole Melton said...

Thank you for sharing Todd. I though weird we were having a discussion earlier about our favorite artist. This here takes the cake for me.

Titi said...

I"ve loved Michael Jackson for so long I can't recall what moment exactly got me as a fan tbut I do remember going to see the movie The Wiz as a tiny tot and loving him as the scare crow. The moment he got my heart though through and through was when I was 13 yrs. old my parents bought a VHS with a documentary on Michael's life and career. We sat down to watch it and the most poignant moment for me was when I saw him in his purple hat sing "Who's Lovin' You" on Ed Sullivan. That moment in time, the inflection and soul in his voice, in him still touches me to this day. I play the Jackson 5 for my daughter to this day, as I want Michael to influence her the way he influenced me.

Isley Nicole Melton said...

Ok... I totally screwed up what I was trying to say in response to Todd lol

Titi Thanks for sharing! Those old MJ classic Ed Sullivan shows are the best!!!! Michael is mesmerizing!!!!