Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Life Is A Beach







So I have been meaning to write about my transition to my new home blocks from the beach. A cute little developing community called Playa Vista. It is so clean and perfect. It kinda reminds me of the neighborhood in "The Truman Show" movie with Jim Carrey. There's no smog so the air is fresh and crisp. Everyone is friendly and active and owns a bike. My place is so cozy with every amenity imaginable. It's my dream location... well maybe if I was actually on the strand I'd be a little happier, but I'm in heaven right now. It's definitely my favorite place out of all the places I have lived thus far. God is great. I'm 5-10 minutes away from everything. I schedule my auditions and meetings during non-traffic times. Just living a stress-free life. My friends love to come visit me to get away from the hustle and bustle of the inner city.

So it's been a month since I got back from my 2 and a half month travels,(Chicago, New York, Ohio) and I would have wrote about this sooner but I got super busy moving/settling in, reconnecting with everyone, writing a scipt and a book, and last but not least, working out. Yes I have been working out like crazy because I always get chubby when I go home. I think it's because none of my family there workout at all. Needless to say, most of them are out of shape :( So all I did while in Chicago was eat, talk, write and sit around. It drove me crazy but I got a lot of writing done. I almost bought a bike while there just to feel active because hey... I'm well into my 30's and I have to preserve "the sexy". lol I did occasional sprints with my nephew but I'm not a runner really, but it did make me feel better. I like exercises that don't feel like exercise like hiking, sex lol, swimming, tennis, roller blading, volleyball, yoga or cycling. The funny thing is I didn't turn into this "healthy" person until I moved to LA. The truth of the matter is I don't think I really worked out until I became a Californian. I adapted the lifestyle pretty quickly and I am so glad I did because it truly is the fountain of youth.

So as soon as I moved in, I bought a cute cruiser bike and have been riding every other day. Those extra chubby pounds were gone in a week. I need to get a cute basket for the front like everyone has. I'm always in bike shops looking for new things to put on it. A few days ago I joined this bike group in my neighborhood and we have a 30 mile ride this Saturday.... Yes you read right. Thirty mile ride on Saturday when the most I have done in a day is 10 unconsciously. I say "unconsciously" because usually I am just going at my own pace. Just strolling along, enjoying the beach sights. But the memo says the ride will be at "moderate" speed. What in the Lance Armstrong hell are these people trying to do to me??? Can I keep up??? We will see. lol I'm up for the challenge!!! I will write about it and post pics. Stay tuned!

No comments: