Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Los Angeles Flower District

So my BFF Karla comes over to my house for some adult time away from her kids and I cook and we drink wine (I'm on a alcohol fast now though) and celebrate life.  Just catching up and she tells me about this Flower District in downtown LA??  Anyone who knows me really well knows I love Orchids and Sunflowers.  So I couldn't wait to get down there. 

When I arrived I couldn't believe it . It is right around the corner from the fashion district! I have been to "The Alley" a million times and this Flower District is walking distance from it????  With store after store filled with flowers at wholesale prices??? INSANE!  So I enter one of the stores and I walk into what looks like the Holy Grail of Orchids.... I just stood there with my mouth open in awe like I was a kid in a candy store :O Needless to say I bought some :) I will be going back bi-weekly now for my plants and flowers.  I have always loved them. I will get HUGE bouquets.  But now I can get them for a fraction of the price my florist charges me!!!  I think I get it from my mom who has always had a green thumb, with beautiful exotic plants everywhere.  I am going to go back and take my time next time.  I got there kind of late.  It was noon and I think it closes at 2pm.   Don't quote me but they were closing down while I was there.  I kind of lost track of time.  Make sure if you go, to go early so you can savor every smell and beautiful flower you can!! 

Here are a few pics from my BlackBerry.  I need a new camera now to really capture the beauty of it all.  I will post pics of my bouquets.  I just bought Orchids this time :)






No comments: