Sunday, November 15, 2009

Photographer Erwin Olaf

Born in Hilversum in the Netherlands in 1959, Erwin Olaf lives and works in Amsterdam since the early 80's. His current studio is situated in a former church hall.

Mixing photojournalism with studio photography, Olaf emerged in the international art scene in 1988 when his series 'Chessmen' was awarded the first prize in the Young European Photographer competition. This award was followed by an exhibition at the Ludwig Museum in Cologne, Germany. Since then Olaf has continued to explore issues of gender, sensuality, humor, despair and grace in each successive series.

Royal Blood...







Separation...





Dusk...



NY Times Couture...






Fashion Victims...




7 comments:

Teresa L. said...

Dude has crazy imagination!!!

Isley Nicole Melton said...

Yes My favorites are the Royal Blood and Fashion Victims. The one as Princess Di with the Mercedes emblem in her arm... wow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Museum material. Certainly nothing I'd hang in my home, but very unique. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd also chose the distorted Princess Di.
I always said there is beauty in imperfection but this photographer takes it to a whole other level

MyShoes2Hot said...

Amazing! ---Erwin O' can alter my ego any day!

(((smiles)))

Isley Nicole Melton said...

I agree... I probably would not hand any of these in my house! Very interesting to look at though!!

Isley Nicole Melton said...

I meant hang...

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.